Wednesday, May 7, 2014

London and the Bridges - Tell It To The Preacher (1966)

I first discovered this song thanks to one of my favorite YouTubers, Paul (PCino45s2) - but in a rather roundabout way.  He put up a video of a tune of the same name by some band called the "Steven Scott Orchestra" - so I posted on the G45Central forums and asked who they were.  Turns out that record on YouTube was a single track from a dance-themed EP from Steven Scott, producer for London and the Bridges.

After hunting down a copy on eBay for relatively cheap coin, I found out it had a nice crack in it when it came in the mail.  Whatever, I am not willing to spend $30+ on an intact copy when the cracked one still lays through. 

About the song itself - you'd be hard pressed to find a better example of the "Bo Diddley beat" in a garage rock song.



No comments:

Post a Comment